The Signal Transparent Surface will change the perception of roof materials and potential uses in construction projects.
Made from aerospace-grade signal transparent composite materials, Hauk’s composite panel provides a Signal Transparent Surface aperture for devices like satellite dishes, cell boosters, and wireless point to point devices. While the STS material is technically replacing the glass in a skylight frame, its effects stretch far beyond the ability of glass to bring light into a building.
The durable, lightweight, fire retardant composite material is a perfect match for building codes in all regions. Impact tests for hurricane zones, up and down draft for high winds, re ratings for arid climates, and energy efficiency are just a few examples of the benefits STS composites offer the building industry.
For Roofers & Builders
- Significantly safer for employees to install & maintain regardless of weather conditions.
- Increased profitability in apartment complex installations
- Minimized signal loss as low as 0.5% to 1.5% in most cases.
For AV Service Providers
- Eliminates complications caused by satellite dishes for roof repair and installation.
- Removes liability from penetrations on roofs, walls, and soffits
- Compliant with building codes in all regions.
- Easy to install.
Mounting & Installation
Designed for installation in Wasco E-Class skylight frame.
Class-B Burn Brand Testing
Simplifed simulation of ASTM-E108.* Results are very positive.
Missile Impact Testing
Simplifed simulation of ASTM-E1886-05.* Results are very positive.
Static Load Testing
Static load testing applied concentrated center load of +400lbs, less than 1/2 in deflection.